Contains whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents, estimation, math strategies, integers, and equation introduction topics.
MacMall Part #: 7488765
Manufacturer Part #: QMML12B-2-HCD
iPod shuffle 1st generation
The Quarter Mile Math: Level 1 The Quarter Mile Math is correlated to the States' Standards. Click here for Correlations.
This program is an incredibly thorough compilation of 174 topics! The four operations plus many other number topics areas (including counting, place value, missing number, etc.). Includes whole number estimation topics and some alphabet topics.
Topics: Grades K-3 (Ages 5 to 9) Users: Pre-K to Adult 174 Topics 22,000 Problem
Keyboarding and the alphabet Keyboarding
Math Strategies Multiplication and division strategies topics The alphabet
Estimation Estimating with whole numbers topics
Counting and numbers Counting topics Numbers, number size, etc. topics Addition topics Subtraction topics Multiplication topics Division topics Place value topics Grouping / regrouping topics Doubling / halving topics Twins and neighbors topics Combination facts topics Important 10's facts topics Missing number topics Missing operator / operator topics Rounding topics Squares topics
The Quarter Mile Math: Level 2 Contains whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents, estimation, math strategies, integers, and equation introduction topics.
Topics: Grades 4-6 (Ages 9 to 12) Users: Grades 4 to Adult 214 Topics 33,000 Problems
Whole Numbers Addition brush-up topics Subtraction brush-up topics Multiplication topics Division topics Combination facts topics Important 10's facts topics Missing number topics Missing operator(s) topics Estimation Rounding topics Adding multiple numbers topics Powers of 10 topics Estimating with fractions topics Squares topics Estimating with decimal topics Mean (average), mode, median topics Estimating with percents topics Base 2 and base 16 topics Special percent topics
Math Strategies Multiplication and division strategies topics Wild strategies topics
Percents Computing with percents topics Converting topics
Estimating with money topics Fraction Introduction Divisibility, prime numbers topics Integers GCF, LCM and LCD topics Integer Introduction Reducing, converting, etc. topics Integer computing topics
Fractions Equations Computing with fractions topics Equation Introductions
1. Self-competitive, non-intimidating format is an award-winner. It combines the fun of a race with the most challenging yet non-intimidating format possible-racing against your own previous best five races. This challenge motivates students to keep racing. They solve an amazing amount of math problems given the time spent on the computer.
2. "Student Scores" review screen speeds tracking.* Easily review (and print) scores from all topics at one screen.
3. Design integrates all major learning modalities-visual, auditory, and tactile-simultaneously in a meaningful, educational way. While all software programs use audio and visual stimuli, in the Quarter Mile format, every sound effect, every graphic feature, every answer entered, and every score given addresses these learning modalities effectively. Nothing is extraneous.
4. Both teachers and students can see measurable, quantifiable improvement race after race. Because players are doing so many math problems in such a short period of time, they become conscious of their improvement. (A format that requires students to wait between problems makes this far less apparent.) Students naturally begin to set their own goals and then work to achieve them. They begin to expect constant improvement. This expectation is a big motivator.
5. Topics meet students' individual needs. The programs contain very specific topics tailored to meet each student's individual needs. Topics that contain multiple levels of difficulty adjust automatically as the student's response indicates he or she is ready to advance.
6. The program detects even the smallest improvements-improvements that wouldn't be detectable in any other software format. Student improvement is rewarded with a better score. This gives the student tangible proof of progress. Results are displayed in a way that even the youngest players can understand and appreciate.
7. Appeals equally well to older and younger students. High-schoolers and adults can do very low level topics in a motivating format free of embarrassing, childish features. Youngest students love it because they think of it as a "big-kid" format. They can easily understand the incredibly simple format.
8. Both girls and boys, teens and adults LOVE the format With both riderless horses and dragsters, the programs appeal to all students.
9. The following features make the format perfect for students who are working on grade level in addition to Title 1, remediation/review, special ed./special needs, and At Risk students.
Windows Vista Compatible
Works with Windows Vista
Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, and Vista, 8.x through OS X (OS X running Classic)
At MacMall, we understand the increasing demand for the best quality consumer products at huge discounted prices. That's why we are proud to offer the lowest prices on our extensive selection of best-selling products, and hard-to-find Mac and iPod products you crave. Get yourself the new iPad or the new Apple TV for your family. Looking to upgrade your MacBook? Or just want to find out the best suited iPod/iPhone accessories for your hot gadget? Keep your iPad up-to-date with function and technology with our line of top-brand iPad accessories. Compare brands. Equip your Apple products.
Plus, with our 24/7 customer service hotline, we're always just a phone call away no matter when you want to reach us. Get the MacMall Advantage. Don’t miss out on the best deals, special prices, rebate savings, exclusive bundles, and dedicated service you won’t find anywhere else!